What is it?
Any toe that is bent or bending – but usually this condition involves the 2nd through 5th toes.
Mild Hammertoes are flexible, which means the joints can still bend. The more advanced deformity is called rigid.
- Pain with shoe pressure
- Corn formation on the toe
- Redness or swelling of the toe
- Restricted or painful motion of the toe
Hammertoe Treatment Options:
- Non-medicated padding
- Shoes with a deep toe box
- Avoiding high-heel or tight shoes
- We can help advise you on shoe selection
- For some deformities we can apply padding or taping
- Orthotics can help to balance muscle pull on your toes
- Hammertoe surgery by your Cincinnati podiatrist can straighten the toes and is the option saved for last in most cases
Having Foot or Ankle Problems?
Dr. Titko has more than 20 years of medical and surgical experience treating foot and ankle conditions. Feel free to contact us at: (513) 729-4455 and speak to our trained staff. Contact us today!