What is it?
Any toe that is bent or bending – but usually this condition involves the 2nd through 5th toes.
Mild Hammertoes are flexible, which means the joints can still bend. The more advanced deformity is called rigid.
- Pain with shoe pressure
- Corn formation on the toe
- Redness or swelling of the toe
- Restricted or painful motion of the toe
Hammertoe Treatment Options:
- Non-medicated padding
- Shoes with a deep toe box
- Avoiding high-heel or tight shoes
- We can help advise you on shoe selection
- For some deformities we can apply padding or taping
- Orthotics can help to balance muscle pull on your toes
- Hammertoe surgery by your Cincinnati podiatrist can straighten the toes and is the option saved for last in most cases