Flying Pig Participants, (or any long distance runner) …5K to 4-way with cheese…this is it: the time is upon us to show what our training has done for us. I’m super excited for this new extended challenge I have taken on and hope that you feel excited, challenged and ready for your Pig Event. I have enjoyed sharing some foot care tips with you throughout the past few training months and appreciate all of your feedback. Before I throw out some final “foot thoughts” for you, I want to wish each and every one of you a perfect running day, a successful day, a full-filling day and a giant smile at your finish line!
- Cut your toenails between Friday April 27 and Sunday April 29.
- Don’t forget to GLIDE (or similar) your feet….you know the pressure hot spots by now.
- Before your race (depending on your distance) run 1/4 to 1 mile–make sure you like your shoe-tie!!
- This weekend, be sure the socks you have chosen to wear on race day(s) are clean and ready for you.
- If your calluses bother you, file them one last time this weekend.
- Put a thin layer of anti-fungal cream between your toes to reduce friction/blisters on race day.
- A little extra stretching of the arch of your feet as well as your calves and hamstrings..every day.
- Remember to relax your toes when you are running…let them flatten out, don’t scrunch or curl them up.
- And above all else, these words from my husband to me every single solitary race I have run!
After the race, pamper yourself and your feet…but if they decide to renege on you…I’d be happy and honored to help get your feet better—-you know—-for the NEXT race!