Corns & Calluses Treatment
What is Corn/Callus?
Corns & calluses are your body’s response to friction. This can be friction from your shoes rubbing your toes (corns) or your foot rubbing the ground or the bottom of your shoe (calluses). In any case, corns and calluses are a thickening of the skin in response to this friction.
Symptoms of Corn & Callus
- The thickened areas of skin can be painful with shoe pressure or with walking
- As the lesion progresses it may destroy healthy tissue
- Redness and swelling can often be seen around these areas of irritation
Cincinnati Podiatrist Callus & Corn Treatment
- A thorough exam and x-rays will help to determine the cause of your lesion
- Non-medicated padding may offer relief
- Orthotics can reduce friction when walking to relieve pain
- Shoes with more toe space can help relieve pressure
- We can safely remove lesions in the office
- Surgery can be done as a last option to correct the alignment of bone and tendon
Running is one of the most common forms of exercise that people do, with millions of self-identified runners in this country alone. With so many people regularly getting out and going for a run, there are bound to be many different issues that afflict them after a...
You may have heard about or even seen people running barefoot outside, on sidewalks, the road or even on trails. They may have had completely bare feet, or strange looking shoes that fit glove-like around each individual toe. This phenomenon of “barefoot” running is...
Foot injuries or deformities that are either not recognized or improperly addressed may lead to considerable functional disability, with a negative impact on quality of life and your ability to perform everyday tasks. Bunions and corns are two common, albeit painful...
Two Common Foot Conditions Experienced by Runners My training for the 4-way with cheese at the Flying Pig continues. In the past week I have had the opportunity to run with a couple of new partners. New friends means new discoveries and often new courses and things to...
Having Foot or Ankle Problems?
Dr. Titko has more than 20 years of medical and surgical experience treating foot and ankle conditions. Feel free to contact us at: (513) 729-4455 and speak to our trained staff. Contact us today!