Numbness in Your Feet? How Laser Therapy Can Help
Numbness in your feet is never welcome, and depending on how severe it is, it can cause anything from mild irritation to severe health problems. The good news is that it’s often possible to improve matters considerably by using a state-of-the-art technique: laser therapy from your Cincinnati podiatrist.
What causes numbness in your feet?
There are a number of possible causes for this condition, but one of the most common is if you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes. A loss of feeling in the feet is a frequent complication of diabetes, especially if it’s reached an advanced stage before diagnosis.
- It’s particularly important to check your feet regularly if you suffer from numb feet, as you can pick up injuries without knowing.
- If you have trouble checking your own feet, your podiatrist will be able to help. He or she can also trim your nails safely.
How laser therapy works
Modern laser therapy systems from your Cincinnati podiatrist work by sending a beam of circulation-stimulating photons to the relevant parts of your feet or ankles. This helps to encourage your body’s natural healing processes, which means that it is a very safe and highly effective treatment.
- Laser therapy not only decreases pain and numbness levels, but it can also make your feet more supple and flexible.
- This treatment can be carried out quickly and with no need for anesthesia. There are usually no side effects, either.
Can laser therapy help me?
Laser therapy has been shown to make a real difference in a wide range of people with foot numbness conditions. It is often an excellent alternative to traditional methods such as surgery. Talk to your Cincinnati podiatrist to find out whether your feet can be treated in this way.
- Studies suggest that laser therapy is more effective than pain-relieving medication in many people.
- You’ll usually be given 10 laser treatment sessions, each of which will last about 20 minutes.
One of the most difficult things for a runner to determine is when it is okay to keep running through pain versus when it's time to ease up. It is a very common thing for runners to experience various aches and pains due to general muscle soreness, so not every pain...
Flying Pig 4-way with Cheese....because there is a jacket involved. Not to mention the 5 medals, 5 shirts and some kind of display board...BLING!! As mileage is cranking up, 13 miles was on the docket this past weekend. That's a half marathon (well, almost...
Many things can cause numbness and tingling in your limbs, including sitting with your legs crossed or falling asleep on your arm. These sensations are very common and usually go away within a minute or so. But what if this uncomfortable “pins and needles” feeling in...
If you've ever experienced the "pins and needles" feeling of your foot falling asleep, you may have wondered what exactly happens when your foot goes numb. Known in the medical world as "paresthesia," this strange feeling can happen when a nerve is being compressed,...
Having Foot or Ankle Problems?
Dr. Titko has more than 20 years of medical and surgical experience treating foot and ankle conditions. Feel free to contact us at: (513) 729-4455 and speak to our trained staff. Contact us today!