What are plantar warts?
Warts are a skin lesion frequently seen on the feet (and hands). They are caused by a viral infection. If left untreated, warts can spread to other parts of the body or to those around you.
Symptoms of warts
- Warts may be flat or raised
- They may be painful, but not always
- Often appear with red, brown or black spots in them, but not always
Treatment for plantar warts on the foot
- Every suspicious lesion should be examined carefully by a Cincinnati podiatrist
- We use medication to remove warts. This process allows the wart to be treated with minimal to no pain
Do You Ever Self-Diagnose Foot Problems Using Google? We all love the internet. There is a lot of information we can easily glean from it. But take care not to over-diagnose or misdiagnose yourself when it comes to several issues of the foot and ankle. In this article...
Typically, warts on the feet are benign lesions and are most commonly spread during the summer months when people wear shoes and socks less and are in and out of pools, locker rooms and showers regularly. Warts are usually harmless, but they could become infected and...
Having Foot or Ankle Problems?
Dr. Titko has more than 20 years of medical and surgical experience treating foot and ankle conditions. Feel free to contact us at: (513) 273-5119 and speak to our trained staff. Contact us today!